May 17, 2010

"Sacrifice; Never Compromise"

A couple of weeks ago in San Diego, one of my best friends Reggie had on a wristband that caught my attention. On the wristband it had the words "Sacrifice, Never Compromise." I thought to myself, "WOW" I have to get one of these ASAP. I asked my brother (Reggie) to let me have one of the two that he was already wearing and told me "Don't worry, I got." I thought to myself, "Ok, here we go I bet he'll forget about as soon as he gets home."

Well, fast forward a week later and guess what???....I have a package in my mailbox with my wristband. I've since asked Reggie about the meaning behind the words "Sacrifice, Never Compromise" and I thought that I'd share it with you, check out it:

The origination of "Sacrifice; Never Compromise" was inspired by the book signing of World War Me by Dr. Jamal Bryant in which he wrote "Reggie, Never Compromise YITB." Through my relationship with Jesus, I've learned to sacrifice to keep the promise that my life beholds. Sacrifice is daily reminder to let go of the world I once knew to take me to my destiny, the unknown (to me) yet I trust Him. Never Compromise is a daily reminder not to concede to that other me, because my greatest enemy is in me. The colors of the band are blue and red in honor of Haiti and those resilent people who God loves as well! I had three bands made; one for myself and the other two were given out to L.A. and Jon whose bond of uncommon friendship and faithfulness shall never break.

"Sacrifice; Never Compromise"

R,

Reginald Robinson



No comments: